Wednesday Workout Tip: Make it a Quicky
If you’re short on time, but need to fit in a workout aim for 10-15 minutes of high-intensity exercise. If high-intensity isn’t for you, go for a moderate-intensity walk (determined by your ability to maintain a conversation, which you should be able to do at moderate-intensity).
Your high-intensity workout could include:
1. 25 Jumping Jacks (30 seconds)
2. 10, 15, 20, 25 seconds of high knees with rest periods of 5, 8, 10, and 12 seconds of rest in between. (105 seconds)
3. 15 Burpees – Jump up with arms reaching towards the sky, come down, move quickly into push-up position, do a push-up, come back to standing position and repeat. (45 seconds – I am being really generous)
4. 20 Mountain climbers per side. See my outdoor workout for instructions on the mountain climber. (60 seconds)
5. One 30, 45, and 60 second plank. Yes, do all three (with rest in between). If those lengths are two long, shorten accordingly. (135 seconds)
6. Another 15 burpees. I know, I’m mean. (45 seconds)
7. Breathe quietly for 30 seconds (hardest task so far). (30 seconds)
8. 10-12 push-ups. If you can do more, great. You want to ensure that your form is maintained throughout (palms under shoulders, butt in line with back. on either your toes or knees). If you feel yourself starting to tire, take a 10 second rest and start again. (30 seconds)
9. Another 25 jumping jacks (remember, more is always an option). (30 seconds)
10. Stretch for 2 minutes.
This brings you to 9 minutes of exercise (some seconds for rest in there) with two minutes for a stretch. With the little breaks you will take in addition to moving into the next position, I assume you will get close to 15 minutes. If you have time for more, do it.