What’s Your Stress Index?
If you’re interested to know what your current stress level is, complete this quiz.
Being aware of your current stress level is important for a number of reasons:
- Provides an objective rating of your current stress level
- Provides a basis from which to move forward from
- May give an indication of what changes you could make to reduce your stress
- May direct you to new and beneficial educational sources to improve your understanding of stress and how it affects the body in the short- and long-term
- May provide you with the necessary motivation to make changes to your current routine and break habits that prevent you from moving forward
My rating? A 7. According to the stress test, I have things fairly under control, but there are a few bad habits I could work on to better control my stress. What are those things you ask?
- Reduce my gossip time (much better than it used to be)
- Stop spending time in the past (bad, bad habit of mine)
- Reduce frustration level when kept waiting
- Behave rudely to people I love
I have changed a number of my habits over the past 2-3 years to help better manage my stress level and there have been noticeable differences. I’ve alluded to the changes and the benefits in other posts, specifically those that discuss mindfulness meditation, so feel free to peruse those.
Happy long weekend!