10 Things that are Awesome
It’s Friday and I thought heck, why not post something funny and slightly unrelated to exercise/health/fitness.
This morning I arrived at school to find a wrapped present on my desk. Awesome. After unwrapping I was surprised and touched to find The Book of Awesome given by a good friend. The gift itself and the meaning behind it is just, well, awesome.
If you aren’t aware of the book, each page is dedicated to events/things/thoughts that happen everyday which are just plain ol’ awesome. Some are hilarious/thoughtful/true and I just needed to share.
Things that are awesome:
- Getting the eyelash out of your eye – “Eyeballs do not want to be touched”. This quote along with the different types of eyelash removal options made me laugh out loud.
- Hearing a stranger fart in public (priceless).
- Licking the batter off the beaters of a cake mixer (this drives Evan crazy due to the raw eggs – I’ve been doing this since 6 so I think I’ve built up some resistance).
- Tripping and realizing no one saw you.
- Fixing electronics by smacking them (this is a common practice for me).
- Your colon (random, but awesome).
- The first shower you take after not showering for a really long time (come on, we’ve all been camping)
- When your sneeze stalls for a second and then suddenly comes booming out.
- When there’s leftover cake in the office kitchen (my old co-workers will appreciate this one as they were ALL well aware of my love of desserts…).
- Remembering how lucky we are to be here right now.
I may add just one other which is very relevant to the events of today – getting up at 4:50 to watch the Royal wedding with a good friend. What a treat and a great start to the day.
Have an awesome weekend!
P.S. If you want to check out the Awesome website click here!